Long Overdue

So, I have been super busy lately doing lots of fun things around the city and some work too (which lucky for me, is also fun). However, due to my hectic schedule I have fallen behind on my blog posting duties. So, here's a quick recap of the past two weeks in the life of the District Darling.

I had a girls night out at the Nats vs. Giants game.  Even though we didn't walk away with a win that night, it was still a fun evening with friends. Plus, the Nats came back and ended up winning the series! Woo hoo!


John and I finally checked out the delicious sandwiches at Bub and Pop's. It's been consecutively rated and ranked as one of D.C's best sandwich shops and after tasting their Bolognese Parmesan and Bub's Italian Hoagie (along with a side of their homemade kettle chips)I'm sold too. 



We had a fabulous dinner date with our friends Laura and Clint followed by drinks on their rooftop. There's nothing like good friends, good food, and the first pumpkin ale of the season by a fire pit overlooking the District. 



Laura's amazing bundt cake. Yum!
We made our first trip to the Corcoran Art Gallery. The extensive gallery just announced that it is now free to the public. So, we jumped at the opportunity to attend a docent led tour on a Sunday afternoon. 





John and I took an afternoon stroll in the rain through McPherson Square and did some window shopping at the giant Macy's downtown.


I received some super sweet gifts from my friend Meagan and my mom over the past few weeks including some perfume, homemade placemats made from old Anthro calendars and accessories for work. 




I attended a Foundry UMC women's small group gathering at Veranda on P in Logan Circle. The quaint Mediterranean inspired restaurant sits pretty nestled amongst the tree lined streets and provided the perfect atmosphere for a sunset meal with new friends.

Flaming cheese? Yes, please! 

John and I took an adventure in the Shaw neighborhood and hit up my favorite D.C. restaurant, SundeVich and checked out some new places including La Columbe coffee roastery and Bicycle Space. We also made a pitstop at the National Book Festival.






We cheered on the Tide as the rolled over West Virginia for win this past Saturday. Lucky for us, the Alabama alumni bar is located a few blocks away from our house! Roll Tide Roll!


After Sunday service at church, we made our way down to 14th street to check out Ghibellina for brunch. Everything that we tasted was yummy, but the Pane Tostato (challah french toast, blackberries, toasted almonds, maple syrup, mascarpone) stole the show.



We enjoyed a 10 mile bike ride through the city this past Sunday and rewarded ourselves with a visit to the Biergarten Haus beergarden on H Street for an Oktoberfest brew. Even though it's not technically fall yet, I always count Labor Day and the first Alabama football game as the unofficial start. So, I'm thinking that an Oktoberfest was more than appropriate.



John and I finished off the long weekend (and long day of bike riding through the heat and rain) by celebrating a birthday of one of John's coworkers.


There was also yoga, Netflix marathons (hello, Scandal) and a few other fun adventures here and there. We are taking a road trip around the NE next week since John is on a rare vacation from work. So, be sure and check back for updates for my recap from the road. Cheers to another week in the District!

0 comments:

Post a Comment