Updates

So, where have I been? I can tell you that I have been on the polar opposite side of my status per my last post. I have been moving at a constant and not sitting still for a second. This year kicked off with a bang and has flown by at record speed. Here's a quick and dirty update:

January:
One word. Snow. Lots and lots of snow.
There was also a classy tea for the DC AOII Alumnae group at the historic Hillwood Estates and a birthday celebration Caps game in there (still have no idea what the rules are of hockey, but it was fun nonetheless).






 

February:
The Sweethearts and Patriots, benefitting the DC Metro USO, kicked off the month. Then, there was an impromptu weekend trip to Charlottesville, VA for wine tastings, good food, a David Ramirez concert, and a Talking Heads documentary. At the end of the month my dad and Prissy came to visit which brought along my first visit to the Pentagon, lots of Egyptian cooking, and a swing dance. 






March:
Travel. Reykjavik, London and Paris in one big 10 day adventure. More to come on that.
Kick off for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Man of the Year campaign in support of my friend, and Man of the Year Campaign candidate, Carl. More to come on that as well.




Regarding my last post:
So, where am I on those New Year's resolutions?

1). Read More: I'm currently on my 13th book of the year and I have joined a book club. Once I started making a habit of reading rather than spending my free time staring off into space, I went back into my buried in a book 24/7 book-nerd self and I LOVE IT.

2). Learn Calligraphy: April 17th marks the day that I take an all day crash course on pointed pen calligraphy.

3). Make Physical Exercise a Habit: Although this past month has been a little weird thanks to travel and then getting back into the routine of not traveling, I still have stayed committed to my weekly workout challenges and have even made a pledge with my mother so that I have accountability. Lets be honest though, she's totally kicking my butt with our workout challenges.

4). Answer to Leadership Opportunities in the Church: I kid you not, less than a week after I wrote my previous post (wrote, not published), John and I were approached by our former small group leaders and asked if we would like to step up to lead this semester's small group. So, we did and couldn't be happier with that decision. 

So, there you go. There's a quick and dirty round up of what's been happening in the life of the District Darling. There will be more to come on our travel adventures, but until then cheers to another fabulous week in the District! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment