Denver

Last month I had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Denver for a pediatric yoga course with my coworker and friend, Ashley. Here are some highlights of our trip:

We had our training at the most beautiful YMCA that I have ever seen in Aurora, CO. It was located atop a hill overlooking a snow covered reservoir.


We ate a fabulous greek dinner topped off with some delicious baklava at Axios. Afterwards, we took in some pretty good people watching at the hoppin' PunchBowl Social downtown.


We took a drive through the mountains to Copper Mountain. While Ashley snowboarded, I decided to take in the sights from the foot of the mountain instead. The change in scenery from Denver to the mountains was pretty incredible.




On the way back, we stopped for a short hike at Red Rocks. It was breathtaking...literally. That thin air is no joke. It was beautiful though.  Then it was back to Denver for lunch at Steuben's where I had one of their famous green chili cheeseburgers.






Later that night we had  a few scoops of gourmet ice cream from Little Man Ice Cream in the Highlands neighborhood. Their flavors are unique, homemade, and hit the spot- even on a chilly Denver evening.  Then, it was time to see Railroad Earth at the Ogden Theatre. The band was very talented and the atmosphere was...well, interesting and totally Denver.


The next morning, we woke up bright and early for brunch at Snooze where I had probably one of the best brunches of my life. Word to the wise-go early, but if you do have to wait, you're in a perfect location to walk around and take in the beautiful Union Station and downtown shops.



The weekend passed quickly but I am so happy that I was able to check one more travel destination off of my bucket list. However, I've now decided to add it back to my list-*except this time I want to visit it during the summer months. Fourteeners, here the Lyles come!


0 comments:

Post a Comment